Sunday, April 26, 2009

Seedy read-y

So, not because Meg did it (I have been planning this for weeks now, WEEKS!) I am going to try to come up with a reading list for myself. I will actually have a bit of time this summer to read, so hopefully I'll get something done. I have so many books that I own that I haven't read--and now it's time. I've got to knock out my own library before I can branch out even further into the libraries and bookstores of the world. So here goes:

1. East of Eden, John Steinbeck 

014200065501lzzzzzzz.jpg


2.  The Madonnas of Leningrad, Debra Dean


index.aspx.jpg


3.  The Female Brain, by Louanne Brezandine

104-0824653-5550364.jpg


4.  The Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck

E70DE2DEA9FE4D0D8D3D77A14254F5C2.jpg


And because it is obvious that I don't know how to insert pictures, I'm just going to continue writing in text from here on out:


5.  The Slaughterhouse Five, Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

6.  Translation Nation, Hector Trobar

7.  Peter Pan, J.M. Barrie (I can't believe I've never read this...)

8.  The Book Thief, Marcus Zusak (I read his _I Am the Messenger_ ,which was totally awesome, to my seventh graders.  Well, I read ahead.  I don't think I'll ever finish it with them.  Only three weeks left, you know!)

9.  Mansfield Park, Jane Austen

10.  Persuasion, Jane Austen (these are the only two Austen books I haven't read.  It's about time, don't you think?)


The list could go on and on, but I don't want to waste any more of your precious reading time.  Best go,


Regards,


The Dame

2 comments:

Meg Schudel said...

Copy cat.

TOTALLY KIDDING, I don't flatter myself to think I'm the first of my species to conceive of the idea of a book list. For Pete's sake.

LOVE that you made this list. Peter Pan is delicious, very funny for adult readers and equally enjoyable for the young.

Book Thief is great, don't listen to Heather.

The Madonnas of Leningrad (sp?) is great as well, very easy read and a little sad but great.

I'd read one other but I forget. Props for including classics on your list.

I'm still commenting, you're still writing, where the hootchie is heather???

Meg Schudel said...

let's read one of these books together! Especially one of the Austen or Steinbeck ones. What say you?