Thursday, June 5, 2008

Snakes on a plane.

Dame. I commend you and your initiation to revive the blog. Well done.

Martha did request that we get going again. that was months ago. I forgot to tell you.

I'm sitting in a coffee shop- looking out floor-to-ceiling windows onto the corner of 8th and P in the haymarket. You know, there are some very strange people down here. I love it.

Today is overcast- humid, heavy clouds threatening rain, to no avail. I don't mind this weather at all. It's a kind of mysterious that I just happen to love.

I "accidentally" dropped a blueberry muffin on the counter today. I, of course, couldn't sell it to the little girl who wanted it, so I had to get her a different one. The dropped muffin is sitting in the fridge waiting for me. It really was an accident, but I probably could have disguised it and she never would have known. However, in the back of my head, I remembered the 2 Fiber One bars that I brought for dinner....and a blueberry muffin somehow sounded a lot better.

You know, I'm in the haymarket a lot during the days. Sometimes in the nights. You're more than welcome to come down here and read and sit with me. It's much slower than the other location. Here, I actually have a chance to slow down and breathe.....something of which I am very fond.

I sent a text to my brother telling him that I am here and that if he needed a little pick-me-up after work, I'd have a mug-o-joe waiting for him. We'll see what he decides. I won't count on it.

I'm going to publish this now so you know I'm here. I might write again soon. I just might.

P.S. I think we need a new picture here.

No comments: