Tuesday, April 10, 2007

miles behind me, the faces of the whole, i laugh

"I'm slowly changing. I'm becoming what I wanted to stop." -Bethany Dillon, no correlation to me or my feelings, really.

It's raining, Leslie. Really raining. I'm stressed. I'm behind. I've allowed myself free time that I didn't have....and loved every minute of it, but now I'm hard pressed, and skipping classes that I can't and shouldn't be skipping. This will make me further behind, not ahead. Ergo, I am frantically writing (0r trying to write) lesson plans and get assignments done before my tutoring session this afternoon. For a while, I thought I might make it to art class.....but as 2 o'clock quickly approaches, I'm seeing that hope swiftly fade into the back of my mind.

I've got a plate full of salsa and lettuce leaves. Nice lunch, huh.

I'm starting to believe that time is not a constant thing that we, as humans, seem to think we can grasp with what we've created as the "clock". I'm starting to think that some hours really do pass more quickly than others and that other times, time seems to stretch out into slow motion. More and more I am convinced of this.

I'd better get back to my lesson plans. Have any great ideas for working on sight words, let me know. I don't want to make him do flashcards again.

Much love,
Heather Lea

No comments: