Thursday, February 8, 2007

Still see better fits

Unbefreakin'believable.

That's my friend on the guitar....which I am listening to right now. It's heavenly. And ridiculously enticing.....and might even be considered an aphrodisiac.

I'm trying to figure out what my plot is going to be for my story. I have to have it workshopped in a couple of weeks and I want it to be brilliant. Did I ever send you that one I wrote about the three people from all the different perspectives? Well, I liked that so much, I'd like to mix Lucy in with it somehow....but I'm not sure what that looks like. She could replace the character, Natalie. Or, she could be the best friend that's a little bit strange. However, I really enjoy Lucy and want her to be a dominant character.

I tried to figure it out on my run- but ran for just a bit and moved to the rowing machine, where all I could think about was being on a real lake, or the fact that I was dead tired and couldn't wait to be done. How do you move from that mental state? A shift needs to be made in my cognitive processing....I need to tell myself that I'm fine and I can keep running.....instead of reminding myself how tired I am and how I should stop because I've worked hard already and don't need to keep going.

No comments: