Friday, February 2, 2007

Warning.

My Dear Damsel,

Please do try to be leery of cigarette shovers. I've heard nothing but negative things about them, which is why you need to steer clear. Consider yourself warned. I, too, find it necessary to weave in and around crowds based on the placement of cigarette smokers. Not to mention, those who have just recently smoked and/or been around a smoker, radiating that blessed faint aroma. Please note that I am referring to the pleasant scent of smoke smell , not the dirty, nasty-stale smell that filthy smokers contribute to society.

I'm a bit bothered by the ridiculously chill air outside. What in the name of Sam Hill is mother nature thinking, giving us 45 mile-an-hour gusts in the midst of weather well below comfortable temperatures? Someone, please tell me.

And why, I ask you, was it necessary for me to forget my wallet at home today? I tell you, I went to blockbuster, I went to the library, I went to S.W. Video, or whatever the heck it's called, and I went to Russ' freakin' market finally to rent some videos. I wanted one new release (Little Miss Sunshine) and one film that came out FIVE years ago (Everything is Illuminated) - and blockbuster still had it on the new release wall. And yes, I asked at the counter if it was still on the new release list. I did NOT want to pay new release price for a movie that came out five years ago. Call me crazy. SO, I said, "forget that!" (actually, I was very kind and said thank-you) and walked out, stopped at the library to pick up a new book "The History of Love- Nicole Krauss) and to check to see if they had the five year old movie to rent. (They did not.) I then drove clear across town, stormed through gusty winds into the next rental facility (SW Video). Here, I found both movies, one new release, one not, and approached the counter, upon which the woman told me I HAD to have my debit or credit card in order to rent a film. *Frustration level steadily increasing by this time* I still didn't have my wallet. Finally, I walked to Russ' Market. They had the new release. They did NOT, however, have the five-year-old film because it's too old and not popular enough. So, in a fit of pissed-off fury, (which I revealed to no one until this moment), I rented the new release, and found a different film, which better be stinkin' good, and I'm home, in my pj's...ready to curl up and watch.

* Exaggerated sigh*

All this to say, watch out for the smokers. You may become addicted.
Much love,
Heather Lea

No comments: